CONDITIONS OF SALE
- The Licensee/Buyer is responsible for providing safe and suitable bulk storage which complies in all respects with all relevant requirements of and/or regulations made by H.M. Government or other competent authority and for ensuring that it will take the full quantity ordered and in the case of motor spirit for procuring certification that the storage into which delivery is to be made will safely receive the full quantity ordered and that the connection hose is properly and securely connected to the filing point of the said storage, and the Buyer is referred to the regulations currently in force relating to the storage and use of petroleum spirit. The Buyer shall also indemnify the Seller against any damages, claims, expenses or costs, which may arise as a result of the Buyer not observing these conditions.
- It is a condition of every bulk sale through hose that the quantity shown by the tank wagon dip rod or other measuring devices employed by the Seller shall, for the purposes of accounts be accepted by the Buyer as the quantity delivered. The Seller cannot accept any responsibility whatever for a discrepancy in the Buyer’s tanks dip rods or other measuring devices, therefore the Buyer should when convenient to himself be present at the taking of the measurements to verify them. If on any delivery the Buyer or any representative of the Buyer, whether or not for the purpose of verifying the Seller’s measurement of quantity for that delivery, mounts any tank wagon used on that delivery the Buyer or his representative (as the case may be) shall do so at his own risk and the Seller accepts no responsibility whatsoever therefor.
- Non-delivery or part loss of or damage to a consignment must be advised in writing to the Seller within 3 days of receipt of invoice, otherwise the Buyer will become liable to pay the Seller for any loss or damage where liability is denied by the Carriers.
- Prices include Government tax (if any) at the rate currently in force.
- All products supplied are chargeable at the prices ruling on the day of order unless otherwise stated or unless the seller has incurred additional cost in the supply of product ordered.
- Customers ordering vehicles off the public road do so entirely at their own responsibility.
- The Seller’s usual terms and conditions of sale, apply and acceptance of products will be treated as an acceptance by the Buyer of the Seller’s conditions.
- It is certified that no Duty Rebate has been allowed in respect of Derv Fuel specified herein
- The risk in the goods shall pass to you when we deliver the goods in accordance with the terms hereof to you or to your agent or other person to whom we have been authorised by you to deliver the goods, and we shall have no responsibility in respect of the safety of the goods thereafter and accordingly you should insure the goods thereafter against such risks (if any) as you think appropriate.
- However, the ownership of the goods shall remain with us and we reserve the right to dispose of the goods until payment in full for all the goods has been received by us in accordance with the terms of this contract or until such time as you sell the goods to your customers by way of a bona fide sale at full market value. If such payment is overdue in whole or in part we may (without prejudice to any other right of ours) recover or resell the goods or any part of them and may enter upon your premises by our servants or agents for that purpose. Such payment shall become due immediately upon the commencement of any act or proceeding in which your solvency is involved. If any of the goods are incorporated in or used as materials for other goods before such payment the property in the whole of such other goods shall be and remain with us until such payment has been made or the goods have been sold as aforesaid and all our rights hereunder in the goods shall extend to those other goods.
- Payment is due when the order is placed except where other arrangements have been made between the Company and the Buyers.
- MONTHLY ACCOUNT HOLDERS are due for payment by the 20th of the month following delivery. We reserve the right to charge 2.5% Interest over bank rate per month on all overdue accounts. All goods sold under these conditions of sale shall remain the property of the Seller until paid for. Until then they may be removed by the same or any authorised agents. Any claim for shortage or damage must be notified in writing to the above address within 48 hours from date of delivery or collection.
In accordance with the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
INTENDED PRODUCT USAGE
KEROSENE (RBO) – 28 Sec. heating oil for use in appropriately designed and installed heating systems and heaters.
GAS OIL – 35 sec. heating oil for use in appropriately designed and installed heating systems. Heaters and for use in qualifying diesel engines.
DERV – Automotive fuel for diesel engine vehicles
PETROL/MOTOR SPIRIT – for use only as fuel for spark ignition engines.
HAZARDS: DERV, GAS OIL AND KEROSENE and their vapours are FLAMMABLE, however in ordinary use they constitute no abnormal fire hazards. PETROL VAPOURS ignite easily and are EXPLOSIVE. Prolonged or repeated exposure to the skin should be avoided with all products. Avoid splashing.
- Never use heat on a container which has stored these products without first gas-freeing it.
- Do not suck these fuels up a tube by mouth. If swallowed seek urgent medical attention.
- In the event of contact with skin, wash with large volumes of water. In the event of contact with the eyes, bathe with clean water for ten minutes.
- Always store and carry fuels in properly designed and labelled containers. It is illegal to store more than 3 gallons of petrol without official consent.
- Clothing contaminated with these products should be changed.
IN THE EVENT OF A SPILLAGE:
- Do not smoke in the vicinity.
- Do not disperse with water.
- Prevent product entering drains.
- Soak up using oil absorbent material.
- In the case of a petrol spillage contact Fire Brigade.
IN THE EVENT OF A FIRE:
- Call Emergency Services immediately.
- Evacuate the area if fire is large.
- DO NOT USE WATER ON OIL FIRES.
- Use only foam dry powder or CO2.