Vegtable Glycerine – Food Grade – 20 litre
Derived from rapeseed. Our glycerine is 100% palm free – palm derived glycerine
Pharmaceutical & Cosmetic
Vegetable glycerin, also called vegetable glycerol, is a viscous, colorless, odorless syrup-like liquid derived from vegetable oils (mainly soybean oil, palm oil or coconut oil).
Kilo ltd obtain glycerin from a process called hydrolysis. This is where vegetable oils are subjected to elevated temperatures over 200°C (400°F), pressure and water. Because of the combined force of these three factors breaks down the ester bonds in the triglyceride component of vegetable oils. This frees glycerin from the fatty acid backbone. Water then absorbs the glycerin and it is isolated through distillation. The final product has a texture similar to that of a syrup with the chemical formula C3H5(OH)3.
Chemically speaking, glycerin belongs to the alcohol group. But it is classified by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a carbohydrate. This is because it is neither a fat nor protein yet provides calories (4.3 kcal/g). As a result food-grade vegetable glycerin has a purity of almost 100% topping out at 99.7% (the remaining 0.3% is water).
20 litre (25 kgs) of 99.7% Glycerine
This batch expires August 2017
We don’t supply an official next day delivery service. With that being said most packages arrive within 24 hours. As a result UPS delivered 97% of our parcels next day last year.
Quality & Accreditations
Kilo Ltd is a Grade A, BRC accredited company (see our certificate). Therefore we can give assurance to our customers that every member of our team is focused on maintaining excellent standards of storage, distribution, operating systems, quality, traceability, service and environment.