ACETONE 25L

0 out of 5

£72.00

Category:
View basket

Description

Our 99.8% acetone is quality Anhydrous and has a wide range of uses. Acetone is colourless, volatile, flammable liquid and is the simplest and smallest ketone. Acetone is miscible with water and serves as an incredibly important solvent in it’s own right. This product is typically used for cleaning laboratories. Acetone is a common building block in organic chemistry. Familiar household uses are as the active ingredient in nail polish remover and as paint thinner.

Acetone is an extremely good solvent which is used for many plastics and other synthetic fibres. It is used for thinning polyester resin, cleaning tools with and dissolving part epoxies and superglue before they harden. In this respect it is fantastic for model makers, sculptures and anything involving small plastic kits. As a heavy-duty degreaser, it is useful in the preparation of metal prior to painting. It is also useful for high reliability soldering applications to remove rosin flux after soldering is complete; this helps to prevent the rusty bolt effect. Acetone is used as a solvent by the pharmaceutical industry and as a denaturant in the denatured alcohol. Acetone is also present as an excipient in some pharmaceutical drugs. Acetone can also be used to dissolve acetylene.

 

  • Used for cleaning anything from tools and equipment to clearing up spillages.
  • Suitable for GRP resin Fibreglass applications.
  • Cleaning brushes
  • Cleaning mixing tools when using resin, silicone, polyurethane, etc.
  • General cleaner and degreaser for removing ink, paint, etc
  • Nail polish remover

Highly flammable liquid and vapour.

Causes serious eye irritation.

May cause drowsiness or dizziness

Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surface. – No smoking.

IF INHALED: Remove victim to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing.

IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.

Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray,

Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.

Get medical advice/attention if you feel unwell.

H225: HIGHLY FLAMMABLE H319: CAUSES SERIOUS EYE IRRITATION

H336: MAY CAUSE DROWSINESS OR DIZZINESS

 

NOTE: This product will dissolve some plastics and sometimes damages (clouds) the surface of glass.

Returning this product can be a complex matter due to the nature of this product. Please be sure of what you are buying. If you are in any doubt please message me.